Tuesday, April 28, 2009

History Repeating

"The 1918 has gone: a year momentous as the termination of the most cruel war in the annals of the human race; a year which marked, the end at least for a time, of man's destruction of man; unfortunately a year in which developed a most fatal infectious disease causing the death of hundreds of thousands of human beings. Medical science for four and one-half years devoted itself to putting men on the firing line and keeping them there. Now it must turn with its whole might to combating the greatest enemy of all--infectious disease," (12/28/1918)JAMA

Maybe I am a little paranoid but I see history repeating these days. I have a feeling that it will be a global pandemic which will push us to "universal healthcare" and I don't have a good feeling about it. It is through fear that we begin to loose our freedoms and nothing is more scary than having a sick baby. I hope that I am wrong about this prediction.

No comments: