Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Minor Disasters...Shelves Not So Sturdy

Today I had a pretty rough day with the marketing scene. After a day of getting many rejections I picked my boys up and went to the grocery store. I actually had the idea earlier in the week that I should be going around to these "minute clinics" in drug stores that are staffed by nurse practitioners and do a little networking there. So as I am in Publix this lady randomly walks up to me and hands me the info about "The Little Clinic" that is there in Publix. So I got to drum up a little business there in Publix. Kind of serendipitous.

So we go home and I am trying to get groceries unloaded and get outside for a little time with the kids. I put all of the apple cider on the top shelf of my pantry. There were already some heavy things up there and we definately found out the strength of our adjustable albeit seemingly sturdy shelves. This is the end result...





So I have spent the entire night trying to put that back together. I guess we should look on the bright side. I needed to go through the shelves anyway and see what I could throw out. What a mess. This is the end result of my re-org!

Note apple cider now on bottom shelf!

I can't believe that this is the biggest news of my day. I used to be such an interesting person. :) Today I tested the strength of both my pantry shelves and my husband's heart as I was a raging "Beeee-ach" today. He was his normal patient self and didn't take the bait. Lucky I am to have this sweet family. More posts on them to come.

2 comments:

lynnrae said...

definitely worse than anything that has happened to me (at least since about this time last year, when i flooded my brand new house!). yikes!

mderaimo said...

Oh my!! What a mess..good clean up job. How long did that take?