Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Growing Up Getting Wise

Today as Adam was getting very sleepy, snug in his bed he says, "I love you Mommy". Heart melts everytime. I tell him I love him too of course. Then he says, "Sometimes you shout at me when you're angry" Knife to melted heart!! I had already apologized to him for yelling at him earlier in the day. I have been so short tempered lately. I have not been sleeping enough and the fighting between the boys is driving me NUTS!!

My heart breaks when we end the day like this but as he drifted off to sleep I tried to explain that eventhough we get mad at eachother it doesn't mean that we don't love eachother. Hard lesson to learn that sometimes I feel like I am still learning. Part of parenting is wearing your heart on your sleeve, hoping your child treads easy on it and keeping your reactivity from ripping everything apart.

No comments: