Monday, September 8, 2008

Down with the mouse and other mixed blessings


Can I just go on a little rant right now. So as some of you know my credit card info was stollen last month and I am starting to believe it might actually be the Disney Movie Club that started this account fraudulently. They have sent all these movies to my house and said that I am signed up for the Disney Movie Club. Of course this was a fraudlent charge on my account. They will not close the account until I send the movies back. I demanded a pre-paid envelope two weeks ago which has still not arrived. The supervisor actually had the nerve to say that they are victims when this sort of thing happens as well. Right like I am supposed to feel sorry for a trillion dollar corporation. BAD BUSINESS. Anyway, just a very very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things but one of those things that I wanted to make sure I talk about since I don't want anybody voluntarily signing up for this club!


This afternoon we went to see Grandma Chris and Grandpa Buddy. They seemed like they were doing o.k. Instead of heading back home in trafic we went to eat at the Crescent Moon which was awesome since it was "kids eat free" night and free face painting. (The things that excite me) Face painting just isn't what it used to be. Adam got the most awesome snake on his arms. The food was not at all good which is weird since it used to be my favorite place to go in Decatur.
Later in the evening I found out that my uncle had a seizure in the parking lot on the way to his radiation treatment. He is in the hospital now. Not sure what I expected but I was surely hoping that their first day would be a little easier than this. I know Sharon must be exhausted. For anybody who reads this please keep them in your prayers.
It was one of those days which started out with minor annoyances and ended with God bringing it back full circle and reminding me that all of this is just an illusion. I know that he is telling me to be still and know.

No comments: